We have advised on numerous re-domiciliation and M&A inversion transactions involving the corporate and tax migration of US listed corporations to Ireland from other jurisdictions, including the US, Switzerland, the UK and the Netherlands. Our team brings an expert and practical knowledge of the interaction of Irish, EU and US corporate, tax and securities laws that can only be developed through experience.
We are standing Irish legal advisers to approximately one third of large-cap and mid-cap US listed, Irish re-domiciled companies, who we counsel on their ongoing transactional and non-transactional requirements, including M&A, equity, debt and hybrid securities’ offerings, group re-organisations and restructurings and matters of corporate governance and reputational/crisis risk management.
We are the only Irish law firm to have advised on a corporate and tax migration of a US listed corporation from the UK to Ireland, having advised on both such transactions that have occurred to date.
- Fergus Bolster
- Gráinne Boyle
- George Brady
- Emma Doherty
- Pat English
- David Fitzgibbon
- Enda Garvey
- David Jones
- Brian McCloskey
- Madeline McDonnell
- Suzanne McMenamin
- John Ryan
- Patrick Spicer
- Kieran Trant
- Aon, the global consulting and professional services firm, on its re-domiciliation from the UK to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company, Aon plc, on the NYSE.
- Cimpress on its re-domiciliation from the Netherlands to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company, Cimpress plc, on Nasdaq.
- STERIS, a leading provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services, on its re-domiciliation from the UK to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company, STERIS plc, on the NYSE.
- Weatherford International plc, the Irish registered, NYSE listed parent of the Weatherford group of companies, on one of the largest and most complex cross-border corporate restructurings of 2019. In a highly innovative legal structure, the transaction, which involved a $7.4 billion debt-for-equity swap and refinancing, was implemented through the first ever combined use of the US Chapter 11 bankruptcy process and an Irish examinership restructuring process.
- Allergan on its $66 billion merger with Actavis, and re-domiciliation from the US to Ireland.
- Willis Group Holdings plc on its $18 billion merger of equals with financial management services provider. Towers Watson & Co, and the listing of the ordinary shares of the combined Irish holding company, Willis Towers Watson plc on Nasdaq.
- Actavis Inc. on its $8.5 billion acquisition of Warner Chilcott plc, and re-domiciliation from the US to Ireland.
- Eaton Corporation on its $11.8 billion acquisition of Cooper Industries, and re-domiciliation from the US to Ireland.
- Weatherford, the global oilfield services company, on its re-domiciliation from Switzerland to Ireland and the listing of the new Irish holding company, Weatherford International plc, on the NYSE.