David is a partner in the Corporate M&A Group, based in Matheson's New York office.
David advises on a broad range of public and private company transactions, specialising in equity capital markets deals, public company M&A (hostile and recommended offers), group reorganisations and corporate redomiciliations. He also advises corporate and individual clients on European securities law, Irish and UK Listing Rules and the Irish Takeover Rules, as well as Irish company law.
- Advising Smurfit Kappa Group plc on its pending merger with WestRock Company to form Smurfit WestRock.
- Advising Horizon Therapeutics on all aspects of its proposed acquisition by Amgen for aggregate consideration of $28 billion.
- Advising Smurfit Kappa Group on its €660 million Share Placing.
- Advising Willis Towers Watson plc on all aspects of its pending $80 billion business combination with Aon plc, to be effected by means of an Irish law scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Orpea S.A. on all aspects of its acquisition of the TLC group of nursing homes.
- Advising various issuers and banks on equity capital markets transactions across a broad range of markets (NYSE, NASDAQ, LSE, Euronext Dublin, Euronext Growth, ASX).
- Advising a number of Irish, NYSE and NASDAQ listed companies on their respective takeovers by way of scheme of arrangement or general offer under the Irish Takeover Rules.
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on its acquisition by public tender of a 30% minority interest in a listed company.
- Advising an existing listed company on its US$74 billion merger of equals and concurrent redomiciliation to Ireland.
- Advising two existing listed companies on their redomiciliations to Ireland via European cross-border merger.
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on its successful response to unsolicited takeover offers under the Irish Takeover Rules.
- Advising various issuers on a number of issuances of secured and unsecured debt.
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
University College Dublin, (BCL)
University College Dublin, Master of Laws (Commercial)