Susanne is a partner in Matheson’s Corporate Group specialising in corporate advisory matters and equity capital markets transactions. Susanne has particular expertise in corporate governance and compliance matters and in securities regulation under the Market Abuse Regulation and the Transparency and Prospectus regimes, the Irish Listing Rules and the Irish Takeover Rules.
As a member of Matheson’s ESG Advisory Group, Susanne has particular expertise in company law and corporate governance advisory work for public and private companies, including assisting clients to embed good corporate governance structures and policies across their organisations. Susanne also works with our clients on corporate reporting requirements in Ireland.
Susanne provides board induction and ongoing director training on specialist corporate governance, compliance and securities law matters. Susanne also advises on matters of crisis and reputation management.
Susanne has extensive equity capital markets transaction experience advising international and domestic clients on IPOs, capital raisings, public company M&A (hostile and recommended offers) as well as expertise on corporate migrations, redomiciliations, joint ventures and reorganisations.
Susanne is named as a “Rising Star” by IFLR1000.
- Advising Smurfit Kappa Group on its €660 million Share Placing
- Smurfit Kappa Group on all aspects of its response to two unsolicited offers received from International Paper Company
- Innocoll Holdings on its takeover by way of scheme of arrangement by Gurnet Point for $209 million
- Smurfit Kappa Group on its issue of €500 million of Senior Notes due 2024 and numerous prior issuances of Senior Secured Notes and Senior Notes
- Philips 66 on its sale of Whitegate Oil Refinery to Irving Oil
- JED Davy on the upgrade of Dolata’s listing to the main securities market of the ISA
- Smurfit Kappa Group on its upgrade to premium listing on the KULA resulting in FTSE 100 ranking.
- King Digital Entertainment on its redomicilation into Ireland and US$7.2 billion listing on NYSE and subsequently its takeover by way of scheme of arrangement by Activision Blizzard for US$5.9 billion
- Norkom on its recommended €217 million takeover by BAE Systems.
Susanne McMenamin is named a Rising Star
Susanne McMenamin is recommended.
European Legal 500 2020
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
University College Dublin, LLM (Commercial Law)
University College Dublin, Business and Law