Susanne is a partner in Matheson’s Corporate Group specialising in corporate advisory matters and equity capital markets transactions. Susanne has particular expertise in corporate governance and compliance matters and in securities regulation under the Market Abuse Regulation and the Transparency and Prospectus regimes, the Irish Listing Rules and the Irish Takeover Rules.
As a member of Matheson’s ESG Advisory Group, Susanne has particular expertise in company law and corporate governance advisory work for public and private companies, including assisting clients to embed good corporate governance structures and policies across their organisations. Susanne also works with our clients on corporate reporting requirements in Ireland.
Susanne provides board induction and ongoing director training on specialist corporate governance, compliance and securities law matters. Susanne also advises on matters of crisis and reputation management.
Susanne has extensive equity capital markets transaction experience advising international and domestic clients on IPOs, capital raisings, public company M&A (hostile and recommended offers) as well as expertise on corporate migrations, redomiciliations, joint ventures and reorganisations.
Susanne was nominated by Women in Business Law
Awards for ECM Lawyer of the Year (2022) and Corporate Governance Lawyer of the
- Smurfit Kappa on its pending merger with WestRock to form Smurfit WestRock.
- Irish registered Circle Internet Financial Limited on its announced $9 billion transaction to go public through a business combination with Concord Acquisition Corp (NYSE: CND), a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). Upon closing of the transaction, the businesses will be combined through an Irish incorporated parent, whose ordinary shares will be listed on the NYSE.
- Finnish registered MariaDB Corporation Ab on its announced transaction to go public through a business combination with NYSE-listed SPAC, Angel Pond Holdings Corporation, in a deal which reflects a combined enterprise value of approximately $672 million. Upon closing of the transaction, the businesses will be combined through an Irish incorporated parent, whose ordinary shares will be listed on the NYSE.
- Smurfit Kappa on its €660m share placing implemented on an accelerated bookbuild basis.
- Horizon Therapeutics on its offering of ordinary shares which raised net proceeds of approximately $900 million.
- Smurfit Kappa Group plc on the migration of its dematerialised securities from the CREST system to the Euroclear Bank Belgian central securities depository system.
- Smurfit Kappa on its successful defence of two unsolicited takeover proposals from International Paper.
- A leading interactive entertainment company on its re-domiciliation into Ireland, its US$7.2 billion listing on NYSE and subsequently its takeover by way of scheme of arrangement.
- A number of Irish, NYSE and NASDAQ listed companies o n their respective takeovers by way of scheme of arrangement or general offer under the Irish Takeover Rules.
Susanne was nominated for ECM Lawyer of the Year and Corporate Governance Lawyer of the
Women in Business Law Awards 2022/ 2023
Susanne McMenamin is named a Rising Star
Susanne McMenamin is recommended.
European Legal 500 2020
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
University College Dublin, LLM (Commercial Law)
University College Dublin, Business and Law