The Financial Institutions Group has in-depth knowledge, expertise and understanding of the Irish financial services market. This has developed by working with leading national and international financial institutions over many years. In addition, continuous engagement with the regulator with respect to a broad range of firms and issues enables us to proactively advise clients on regulatory expectations and how to effectively address them.
Our diverse and commercially-focused team guides clients through the most sensitive and complex matters arising from Irish and EU financial regulation, compliance and risk management requirements and enforcement issues. We have developed a particular reputation for the commercial and practical nature of our approach to delivering strategic, technical and innovative solutions to the issues our clients face.
Our team recognises the speed and volume of regulatory change in this area, and supports clients across the financial services spectrum in this rapidly changing environment. Our clients include: MiFID investment firms, fund service providers (depositaries, administrators and management companies), trading platforms, intermediaries and brokers, retail credit firms and credit servicers.
Our team provides a full range of advice to financial institutions including advice on compliance with industry guidance, legislation and codes issued by the Central Bank of Ireland, prudential requirements, authorisation and licensing issues, asset disposal projects by clients, ongoing compliance with conduct of business, prudential, consumer protection and other requirements, anti-money laundering.
- Assisting with corporate governance reviews, culture and conduct risk review, fitness and probity issues, including Central Bank interviews, and investigations.
- Assisting with regulatory change implementation projects for MiFID II, MAR, CRD IV, Client Asset Regime, 4th ML Directive, AIFMD.
- Carrying out third party reviews of regulatory compliance by firms of specific requirements.
- Advising on booking models and restructuring such models in light of Brexit challenges.
- Assisting with the authorisation of MIFID investment firms, Fund Management companies obtaining a so called “MiFID Top-Up”, fund depositaries and fund and administrators and credit servicers.