ESG / Governance
Over the past number of years, our multi-disciplinary Corporate Governance team representing members of our Corporate & Commercial, Energy, Natural Resources and Utilities, Investment Funds, Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Tax groups, have been advising our domestic and international clients on corporate governance-related risks and compliance matters, and disclosure requirements relevant to our clients’ ESG policies and strategies. This has increased extensively in the context of legislative initiatives under the EU’s Sustainable Finance Action Plan.
Our reputation management team support our clients to support them in times of crisis. We work with our clients to develop strategies to navigate challenging circumstances, respond to criticism and engage with disputes.
A selection of our more recent experience is set out below:
- Advising some of the world’s largest technology, life science, pharma, manufacturing and financial institution clients on corporate governance matters, including reviewing and updating their ESG policies to ensure compliance with legislation and guidance.
- Advising our listed company clients on ESG related reporting such as under the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), the EU Taxonomy Regulation on the establishment of a framework to facilitate sustainable investment, the Modern Slavery Act and the Non-Financial Reporting Directive.
- Advising our clients on governance and reporting and compliance projects relating to requirements under the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation.
- Advising on the application of the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation to remuneration policies.
- Advising on the drafting of ESG policies and updating corporate governance frameworks to keep abreast of emerging ESG trends.
- Advising listed companies on day-to-day corporate governance matters, focusing on ESG related aspects such as diversity on boards and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Advising clients on risk management and oversight from a ESG perspective.
- Advising clients on how to address ESG concerns raised by investors.
- Advising Directors as independent outside counsel on matters of governance arising within the Board of Directors.
- Offering board training and management training on ESG related law, governance and guidance.