Leonie is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate Group at Matheson and a member of the firm’s Development Land Group. Leonie practises in all aspects of commercial real estate law, advising on acquisitions, disposals (assets and loans), leasing and licensing of properties. She has a broad range of experience advising on the development, sale and leasing of mixed use and residential developments.
Leonie has acted for a number of leading Irish financial institutions and receivers on the enforcement and realisation of security and has advised on a wide range of insolvency, corporate recovery and restructuring issues arising in connection with the sale and leasing of both residential and commercial properties.
Leonie also has experience carrying out property due diligence in connection with loan portfolios, preparing title reports and advising on rectification of title defects.
Leonie is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and is also admitted in England and Wales. She recently lectured and tutored on the Law Society Commercial Property diploma.
- Advised a German pension fund on its acquisition for consideration in excess of €500 million for a key commercial property with more than 100 occupational tenants.
- Advised a consortium of financial institutions with regard to the sale for consideration in excess of €280 million of an important strategic development site in the Dublin area, comprising in excess of 500,000 square feet of offices, retail and leisure space, yielding rents of circa €7,500,000.00 per annum, with the balance of the lands designated for development as a town centre with residential units, offices and other uses.
- Advising a financial institution in advancing development finance of circa €20 million to a developer in the construction of a large scale mixed development (to include social housing) in Dublin 2;
- Acting for Park Developments in the leasing of retail and office units forming part of a commercial development at The Park, Carrickmines.
- Advised a large US investment bank in acquiring a portfolio of loans from Ulster Bank connected with a number of high profile Irish hotels.
- Acting for a large Irish manufacturing retailer in connection with all landlord and tenant issues.
"Leonie Dunne is really good. She is responsive, helpful, gives very good advice and always follows up on issues."
Real Estate: Chambers Europe 2023
Leonie Dunne "very responsive and thorough."
Real Estate: Chambers Europe 2022
"Leonie Dunne always responds as quickly as she can, willing to share the pain in jobs with low recoveries from a fee perspective and isn’t afraid to deal with the more granular issues that some other solicitors would push to the bottom of their to-do list."
Real Estate: European Legal 500 2021
Leonie Dunne is recommended.
Real Estate: European Legal 500 2020
Leonie Dunne is recommended.
Real Estate: European Legal 500 2019
"Leonie Dunne gave straightforward and thorough advice."
Real Estate: Chambers Europe 2018
Leonie Dunne is "very practical".
Real Estate: European Legal 500 2018
University of Limerick, Bachelor of Law and European Studies
Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Conveyancing
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practicing)