Hilda is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate Department at Matheson with broad experience in all areas of commercial real estate, including: sales and acquisitions; commercial leasing including retail, office and industrial leasing; development projects in respect of office, industrial and data centre buildings; and landlord and tenant matters.
Hilda regularly advises US technology and pharmaceutical companies on real estate aspects of the establishment and expansion of their Irish and EMEA branches and negotiated related lease documentation. She is experienced in data centre development and leasing as well as in related site acquisition and represents several clients in the industrial and logistics sector in negotiating agreements for lease and leases of bespoke mixed use industrial and office space.
Hilda has extensive experience advising institutional landlords in respect of the leasing and management of prime Dublin office space. Hilda also advises on the real estate aspects of corporate transactions, managing large scale real estate due diligence, drafting and negotiation of real estate warranties for share sale and purchase agreements, and property transfers following asset sales and corporate spin-offs.
- Advising a global technology multinational on site acquisitions and related development of data centres and offices in various sites around Ireland.
- Advising a global pharmaceutical multinational on the acquisition of lands in one of IDA's business parks for the development of its new state of the art manufacturing facility. and other multinational pharmaceutical companies in relation to the acquisition of sites in business parks around Ireland and forward funded developments.
- Advising several multinational technology and pharmaceutical companies on the real estate aspects of the establishment of their Irish and EMEA offices and negotiating related lease documentation.
- Advising a large national retailer on the sale and leaseback of 90 properties in the context of a wider corporate restructure.
- Advising a US developer on the pre-letting of retail and office space in the largest single urban development project in Ireland.
- Advising a US essential oils manufacturer, in respect of the construction and leasing of the company’s first purpose built manufacturing facility outside of the US.
- Advising a global supplier of aviation parts, on the negotiation of a lease of a new logistics building and associated offices in Dublin servicing the EMEA region.
- Advising Trinity College Dublin on sales, acquisitions, development and landlord and tenant issues in respect of its real estate portfolio.
- Advising Irving Oil on its acquisition of a portfolio of over 130 real estate properties located throughout Ireland.
- Advising a multinational insurance provider on the leasing and property law issues arising out of the management of its Irish property interests.
- Advising a multinational luxury goods provider on the construction and letting of a bespoke purpose built secure warehouse/logistics building and associated offices.
- Advising renowned luxury fashion retailers in the negotiation of an agreement for lease and lease of a significant retail space in Dublin’s premier shopping outlet and Dublin's premier shopping street.
- Advising private equity and joint venture clients on development projects on proposed student housing developments in Dublin.
- Advising institutional landlord and investors and managing due diligence of lease documentation relating to over 200 retail units in respect of disposal of share in a multi-let retail scheme.
University College Dublin, Bachelor of Law (International)
University College Dublin, Masters of European Law
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland (2006)
Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising) (2010)
Admitted as an Australian Lawyer in the Supreme Court of Victoria (non-practising) (2012)