Oisin is a partner in the Asset Management and Investment Funds Group at Matheson. He practises financial services law and advises a wide range of domestic and international clients on the structuring, establishment, marketing and sale of investment vehicles and products in Ireland and other jurisdictions. In particular, he advises on the legal and regulatory issues surrounding the establishment of private and public investment funds in Ireland, the listing of investment funds on the Irish Stock Exchange, the structuring, offer and sale of investment instruments and investment products, the provision of investment advice, mergers and acquisitions of investment fund groups and other financial services.
Oisin is a member of Irish Funds Legal and Regulatory Working Group and contributes to industry publications, including Finance Dublin and the Commercial Law Practitioner, industry consultations, both on behalf of Matheson and Irish Funds. He lectures on the Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Investment Funds, a module on The Institute of Banking Professional Certificate in Investment Fund Services course.
- Advising on the establishment of qualifying investor AIFMD compliant ICAV pursuing liability driven investment mandate.
- Advising on the establishment of UCITS products (including structured UCITS).
- Advising on the acquisition of investment management businesses (including investment funds promoted by target companies).
- Advising on the launch of qualifying investor AIFMD compliant investment company investing in underlying infrastructure assets.
- Advising on the establishment and restructuring of fund platforms.
- Ongoing advisory and compliance work with some of the world’s largest asset managers.
Oisin McClenaghan provides "consistently solid practical legal advice and is available at short notice".
European Legal 500 2020
Oisin McClenaghan is recommended.
European Legal 500 2016
University College Dublin Bachelor of Civil Law (European)
University College Dublin Master of Commercial Law