Dara Higgins is a partner in the Tax Department of Matheson specialising in Indirect Taxes.
Dara advises clients on VAT, Customs and Trade law, Excise and Relevant Contracts Tax. Dara advises on Indirect Taxes across all industry sectors including, real estate and construction, financial services, import / export, technology, aviation, energy and pharmaceuticals.
Dara also has significant experience in the area of tax controversy and regularly acts for clients in the context of tax appeals and audits and investigations.
Dara has a broad client base consisting of both domestic and international clients, many of which have complex global supply chains.
Dara is a qualified Solicitor and Chartered Tax Advisor.
- Advising numerous multinationals of the Irish VAT implications of establishing and operating in and from Ireland.
- Advising on the application of VAT exemptions in the financial services sector, particularly in the context of outsourced services.
- Advising on the VAT and RCT consequences of all aspects of Irish real estate and construction transactions.
- Advising on and undertaking due diligence from an Indirect Taxes perspective in the context of large M&A transactions.
- Advising in respect of customs classification, relief, origin and valuation issues and export controls.
- Advising on the excise regime applicable to alcohol, tobacco products, sugar-sweetened drinks, mineral oil and betting and gaming.
National University of Ireland Galway – Bachelor of Civil Laws
- LLM in Commercial Law
Society of Ireland