Catherine is a partner in the tax department at Matheson. Catherine has significant experience advising multinational corporations doing business in Ireland on Irish corporate tax.
Catherine primarily advises multinationals on the Irish tax aspects of their operations including tax effective structuring of global reorganisations, IP ownership, inward investment projects and cash repatriation strategies. Catherine has a particular interest in advising on domestic and cross border tax disputes on transfer pricing matters, including Irish audits, mutual agreement procedure requests, correlative relief claims, advance pricing agreements and advising on the application of EU State aid principles in the context of Irish taxation matters.
Catherine’s clients include many of the leading multinational corporations established in Ireland, primarily in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, ICT and consumer brand sector.
Catherine has published articles in leading tax journals, is co-author on the Ireland section of the Bloomberg BNA TP Forum and is co-author of the Ireland chapter of the International Fiscal Association Cahiers on Cross Border Business Restructuring.
Catherine is a Chartered Tax Advisor and a member of the Law Society of Ireland. Catherine is currently Chairperson of the International Fiscal Association – Irish branch.
Catherine has experience:
- Advising leading multinationals on the Irish tax aspects of their operations including tax effective structuring of global reorganisations, IP ownership, supply chain planning and cash repatriation strategies.
- Advising on transfer pricing aspect queries and audits by the Irish Revenue Commissioners.
- Advising on obtaining relief from double taxation on transfer pricing adjustments, including correlative relief claims, mutual agreement procedure requests and advance pricing agreements.
- Advising on the application of the Irish transfer pricing regime.
- Advising on the application of EU State aid principles in the context of Irish taxation matters.
- Advising companies on their establishment in Ireland.
- Advising on Irish stamp duty aspects of corporate restructurings and corporate transactions.
Catherine O'Meara is "very technically skilled” and she displays "real commercial awareness.”
Chambers Europe 2022
Catherine O'Meara is highly regarded in Transfer Pricing.
World TP 2022
Catherine O'Meara is highly regarded for Women in Tax.
World Tax 2022
According to clients, Catherine O'Meara "is especially skilled at making large, complex issues more digestible."
Tax: Chambers Europe 2020
Catherine O'Meara is recommended.
European Legal 500 2020
Catherine O'Meara is highly regarded for Women in Tax
World Tax 2019
Catherine O’Meara is recommended.
European Legal 500 2019
Catherine O’Meara is a “very capable practitioner”.
Chambers Europe 2019
Women in Tax Leader, Ireland
ITR Women in Tax Leaders 2018, 4th edition
Women in Tax Leader, Ireland
ITR Women in Tax Leaders 2017, 3rd edition
University of Limerick, BA Law and Accounting