Brian is a partner in the firm's Tax Department and advises multinational corporations doing business in and from Ireland on all aspects of Irish corporate taxation. Brian has a particular interest in cross border tax planning, transfer pricing and tax controversy matters and also has extensive experience in structuring mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganisations. Brian’s clients include many of the leading multinational corporations operating in the ICT, life sciences, manufacturing, retail and industrial sectors in Ireland. Brian also advises on Irish stamp duty matters particularly in the context of global reorganisations.
Brian frequently publishes articles in leading tax journals and is Chartered Tax Advisor and a member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- Advising leading multinationals on the Irish tax aspects of their operations including tax effective structuring of global reorganisations, IP ownership and cash repatriation strategies.
- Advising, and negotiating with the Irish Revenue Commissioners, on transfer pricing matters including mutual agreement procedure requests, transfer pricing opinions and advance pricing agreements.
- Advising on the application of the Irish transfer pricing regime.
- Advising companies on their establishment in Ireland.
- Advising on Irish stamp duty aspects of corporate restructurings and corporate transactions.
More specific publicly announced transactions on which Brian has advised include:
- Actavis Inc’s $8.5 billion acquisition of Warner Chilcott.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals $5.6 billion acquisition by Mallinckrodt plc.
- The creation of Willis Towers Watson through the $8.9 billion merger of Willis and Towers Watson.
European Legal 500 2020
Law Society of Ireland
University of Limerick (BA in Law and Accounting)
Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)