Alan Bunbury is a partner in the Finance and Capital Markets Department at Matheson. Alan advises on all aspects of debt capital markets transactions with an Irish connection, including collateralised loan obligation transactions, asset-backed securities, repackagings, asset-backed commercial paper programmes, corporate bond issuances and segregated managed account structures.
Alan’s also advises Irish corporates and investment funds and their counterparties in relation to derivatives transactions, repurchase transactions, securities lending and prime brokerage arrangements and the operation of netting and set-off in Ireland.
Alan trained with Matheson and qualified as a solicitor in 2016. Alan is currently based in the firm’s London office.
- Advising a number of German banks on their asset-backed commercial paper programmes, including the first digital platform for the issuance of asset-backed commercial paper.
- Advising a leading investment bank on a range of repackaging transactions, including the issuance of a “blue bond” linked to marine conservation efforts in a Caribbean island nation.
- Advising a European bank on a synthetic securitisation of a portfolio of SME loans.
- Advising a range of CLO managers on their European CLOs, including the migration of a number of CLOs into Ireland from the Netherlands.
- Advising a number of asset managers on the establishment of segregated managed account or "fund of one" structures involving Irish special purpose vehicles.
Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland
Trinity College Dublin (LLB)