Aidan Fahy is a partner in the firm's Tax Department and advises on all aspects of corporate taxation including the structuring of domestic and international reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions and the tax consequences of doing business in and from Ireland. He also advises on cross-border financial planning, property transactions, employment related taxes, and insolvency related issues.
Aidan advises on personal taxation and represents high net worth individuals and owner managed businesses.
Aidan is an associate of the Irish Taxation Institute. He has lectured on the undergraduate law degree at Griffith College Dublin and is co-author of Business Operations in the Republic of Ireland, which is published by Bloomberg BNA in the US.
Aidan has advised:
- International and domestic corporates on group reorganisations.
- Various international and domestic corporates on their Irish operations and indigenous corporates on expansion and acquisition strategies overseas.
- On all aspects of the acquisition and sale of Irish corporates.
- Financial institutions, receivers and liquidators on a wide range of insolvency related tax queries.
- High net worth individuals on wealth management, including acquisitions and disposals of personal assets.
- Employers and employees on a wide range of employment related matters, including share schemes, severance payments and tax efficient remuneration and reward mechanisms.
- Clients on tax controversy matters, including tax audits and investigations by the Irish tax authorities.
Aidan Fahy is "a pleasure to collaborate with."
Chambers Europe 2022
Aidan Fahy's "knowledge of all tax matters is unequalled".
European Legal 500 2020
Aidan Fahy is recommended.
European Legal 500 2019
Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland
Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute
University of Limerick (BA in Law and Accounting)