Pictured (l-r) are: Michael Jackson, Managing Partner; Maireadh Dale, Partner and Patrick Molloy, Partner and Head of Finance and Capital Markets Group
Senior hire adds experience and expertise to market-leading banking and aviation teams
Matheson LLP, Ireland's largest law firm, has appointed Maireadh Dale as a senior partner in its Finance and Capital Markets team. Maireadh, who joins the firm from the Dublin office of another international law firm, will work across the firm's banking and aviation teams.
Michael Jackson, Matheson's Managing Partner said; "We are delighted to welcome Maireadh to Matheson. With our finance and aviation teams continuing to go from strength to strength, being involved in the most innovative transactions in the market across a range of sectors including green bond issuance and sustainable finance, financing of alternative energy projects, syndicated commercial lending, property finance and asset finance, Maireadh's breadth of international financing experience, her deep industry knowledge, her service ethos and her ability to lead and mentor teams will align with the existing strength in depth of our finance team. I look forward to working closely with Maireadh in further developing and growing our market-leading finance practice."
Matheson's Finance and Capital Markets team, which consists of more than 50 lawyers, advises financial institutions and corporations involved in arranging and executing all forms of finance and capital markets transactions in Ireland.
The team advises on banking, structured finance, project finance, aviation finance and securitisation transactions and acts for all of the major Irish banks and financial institutions, corporate borrowers and lessors, and many of the world's leading international banks, investment managers, investment funds and other financial services firms.
About Maireadh Dale
- Working in Matheson's Finance and Capital Markets Department, Maireadh advises a range of multinational clients on real estate finance, leverage finance, corporate finance, asset finance (aviation, property and shipping) and restructurings.
- Maireadh's practice is transaction-based and varied, and is unique in the Irish market, covering large international corporate financings, property and development financings, corporate leveraged and acquisition financings and aviation financings. She also has extensive experience in fund finance, loan sales, mezzanine finance, receivables finance, invoice discounting and green and sustainable finance.
- Maireadh leads multi-disciplinary transactions and coordinates large teams both domestically and internationally, managing multi-jurisdictional transactions and counsels.
- Prior to joining Matheson, Maireadh practiced with another top tier Irish and international law firm, and was previously part of the international finance team at Bank of Ireland.
- Maireadh has a keen interest in Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, particularly developing and mentoring key talent and in Environmental, Social and Governance Initiatives.
- Originally from Drumcondra in Dublin, Maireadh holds a Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) from University College Dublin, and is an Associate of the Institute of Taxation in Ireland